Our veterinary team serving Bridgeport and McKinley Park offer a wide range of medical services to keep your pet feeling their best at all times. Our internal medicine services are designed to catch all illnesses that are not preventative, wellness-related, or surgical.
Urban PetRx is equipped to perform advanced diagnostic services and develop tailored treatment plans to help the internal workings of your pet. Our pets are shockingly similar to us!
In this area of our practice, you can expect us to perform the following:
- Diagnostic exams and tests
- Evaluate scans and tests
- Use cutting-edge medical equipment to provide the best possible treatment for your pet Specific Examples of Internal Medicine
- Gastrointestinal problems in cats and dogs revolve around their digestion. We deal with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, excessive gas, weight loss, and a general disinterest in food
- Respiratory problems and distress appear as breathing issues, coughing, a crackling noise that occurs during breathing, fever, nasal discharge or blue-gray colored gums
- Ophthalmology issues revolve around your pet’s eyesight and what can be done to improve developing issues
- Dermatology issues like scratching or itching are common and often point to external parasites such as fleas or allergy issues
- Infectious diseases in cats and dogs cover a wide variety of illnesses including Giardiasis, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus, Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV), Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV), Panleukopenia Virus, Kennel Cough, and more
- Heart issues in your pet should be closely monitored. Valvular disease is common in dogs. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is common in cats
- Renal and urinary problems such as urinary tract infections, stones and kidney failure
- Musculoskeletal issues include skeletal and joint disorders in cats and dogs. These disorders may also indicate diseases of the muscles, toxins in the body, neurologic problems, hormonal abnormalities, birth defects, poor nutrition, blood and vascular disorders and more
- Nervous system disorders revolve around issues with the spinal cord and brain
- Endocrine glands in cats and dogs secrete hormones that regulate the internal organs. If too much or too little of a hormone is produced, it will result in different problems throughout the body
- Immune systems in your cat and dog play the same role as they do in humans; to fight off infections and foreign substances
At Urban PetRx, our team has extensive knowledge and experience in all things internal medicine. Trust that your pet is in good hands with our team who will be there explaining the details every step of the way!